Hormone Replacement Therapy for Women:
The Anti-Aging secret of the 21st Century
What are the expected health benefits according to scientific research?
- Earlier start to hormone therapy may slow the develpoment of heart disease
- HRT may improve heart structure and function
- HRT may reduce bone breakdown and fracture risk
- HRT may reduce abdominal fat deposits and maintain metabolism
- HRT may improve cognition (thinking and memory) by maintaining brain processing speed and energy production
- HRT may decrease depression, especially in woman who have been depressed in the past
- HRT may improve sleep
What symptoms of “menopause” (severe hormone deficiency caused by the failure of the ovaries) are commonly improved or relieved by HRT?
- Weight gain - especially around the midsection and thighs
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Poor sleep
- Low sex drive
- Painful intercourse
- Low energy
- Decreased muscle mass
- Dry, thinning skin
- Hair loss
- Achy muscles and joints
If you can check more than 3 of these symptoms and are over 40 don’t waste time. Call today for your complimentary meeting with Dr Cox to find out how he can help you! 404-843-3636
Does all hormone therapy have these benefits? NO!!! These benefits do NOT apply to the use of common hormone replacements containing estrogens by mouth, PREMARIN (Conjugated Equine Estrogens- horse estrogens from mare urine), PROGESTINS ( man- made compounds used in birth control pills) and PREM-PRO. The use of any of these products can be bad for your health.
Can hormone issues lead to relationship difficulties? Yes! Before you make big decisions about your relationship you and your partner should have your hormones checked. During our 40’s and beyond hormone deficiency can play a major role in relationship discord. Don’t let hormone deficiency make life decisions for you.
I have heard hormones are dangerous and cause breast cancer. Is this true? The only hormone therapy that has been shown to cause breast cancer is the drug PREMPRO. The hormone therapies we use at Vital Living Healthcare may decrease your risk of breast cancer.
My Doctor says hormones don’t need to be measured. Why? There is no reason. Any other hormone that we replace for the body needs to be measured. Estradiol, progesterone and Testosterone do too.